Who we are
Carterton Vets Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Carterton Vets Ltd’s registered office is at Carterton Vets Ltd, Carterton Veterinary Surgery, 12 Ventura Business Park, Broadshires Way, Carterton, Oxfordshire, OX18 1AD, UK and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10806335. We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number ZA139180, and act as the data controller. Our designated Responsible Person for the organisation is the Practice Administrator, and we can be contacted at Carterton Vets Ltd, Carterton Veterinary Surgery, 12 Ventura Business Park, Broadshires Way, Carterton, Oxfordshire, OX18 1AD.
Download Carterton Vets Ltd's Privacy Notice.
Carterton Vets Ltd processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you is: -
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Work Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Bank Sort code and Account Number
- Pet Insurance Company details (if applicable)
We collect information in the below ways: -
On our website through the following online forms:
- Register your pet
- Request an appointment
- Request a repeat prescription
In our practice:
- Registration Form(s)
- Pet Health Club Registration Form
- Direct Insurance Claim Form
Carterton Vets Ltd takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: -
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract to provide veterinary care for your pet(s) at your request
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract to provide you with the Pet Health Club membership benefits you have registered for
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract to process insurance claim forms you have asked us to submit on your behalf
- Where we have a public task in the public interest that is set out in law
- We have a legitimate interest in sending you preventative healthcare reminders by email or SMS if your pet has had flea, tick, worming or other periodically required preventative healthcare
- We have a legitimate interest in sending you news, promotions and product and service offers available from the Practice for the health and welfare of your pet(s).
You have the right to access any personal information that Carterton Vets Ltd processes about you and to request information about: -
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly form you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Carterton Vets Ltd uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Teleos Systems Ltd
- Teleos Systems Ltd provide us with our Veterinary Practice Management System and cloud hosting of our database. They act in the capacity of a processor on our behalf because they host our customer database. The information we hold on the Teleos System is your name, address, email, contact phone number(s) and insurance policy provider and number.
- For more information about Teleos Systems Ltd, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.teleosvet.com
Animal Healthcare Ltd
- We use Animal Healthcare Ltd to set up and process the direct debits for our Pet Health Club and they act as a processor on our behalf. The only information we provide them is your name, address and bank sort code and account number.
- For more information about Animal Healthcare Ltd, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.animal-healthcare.co.uk
Carterton Vets Ltd takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: -
- Valid and up to date SSL certificates to protect the personal data you submit from our website
- An Information Security Policy and Data Protection Policy that sets out how we manage the security of your personal data
- Highly encrypted links to our Practice Management System where your personal data is processed and stored
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Carterton Vets Ltd, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services and for our legitimate interests, we will only be able to provide first aid and pain relief as required of us by the code of conduct of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
Carterton Vets Ltd only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Occasionally, Carterton Vets Ltd would like to contact you with details of the services/competitions/promotions/newsletters that we provide. You have the right not to receive these details by using the opt-out/unsubscribe options or by contacting The Practice Administrator (email@example.com) directly.
Carterton Vets Ltd only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Carterton Vets Ltd
The Practice Administrator
Carterton Veterinary Surgery
12 Ventura Business Park
Information Commissioner’s Office
Download Carterton Vets Ltd's Privacy Notice.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Used by Google Analytics to identify the numbers of unique visitors to our site over a period of time.
Used by Google Analytics to determine the visitor session times on our sites. Each time you visit a new page on the site the cookie is set to expire within 30 minutes, if it does not find an existing cookie, a new one is created.
Used in conjunction with __utmb to determine visitor sessions. This cookie does not have an expiry date, it determines whether a new session should be created based on whether you have previously closed your browser, re-opened it and come back to the site.
Used by Google Analytics to determine if the user has come directly to the site or via a search engine or email. This data is use to find out how our users arrive at our website.