Purpose of the job
To carry out veterinary nursing duties according to the standards and policies laid down by Carterton Veterinary Surgery and the RCVS, contributing to high quality of animal care and to good staff and client relationships.
- Undertake nursing duties including theatre, clinic, laboratory and kennel duties as directed
- Undertake reception duties, including answering phone calls
- Undertake general cleaning duties throughout the practice including equipment, animal kennels and premises
- Maintain up to date and accurate records
- Dispense drugs in accordance with professional guidelines and Carterton Veterinary Surgery rules.
- Monitor and restock consulting rooms as directed.
- Undertake any other duties as maybe directed from time to time.
- Undertake continuing professional and personal development associated with the role.
While at work all staff are required to:
- Take care of their health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Co-operate with Carterton Veterinary Surgery policies and procedures for health and safety.
- The line manager is the head nurse.
- This position requires the post-holder to participate in a shift rota.
This job description should not be seen as precluding future changes.
For further information on this role please contact Grahame Howe on 01993 764262 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for this role please forward a completed Application Form with a covering letter to the above email.